Thermalec Electric Heaters - 1 & 3 Phase
Cast in BS-EN-1561-1997-ENGJL-200 iron with a heavy fusion bonded epoxy coating impervious to chemically treated pool water.
Constructed in accordance with British Patent 2.092,282 Design pressure of 35psi (2.46kg/cm2) with 3/4" safety valve(s) set to operate at the maximum normal working pressure of 30psi (2.1kg/cm2) giving protection to both the heater and and the installation as a whole against over pressure.
A 1/2" drain valve at the lowest point allows the heater to be left empty in winter.
Flow connections consist of easily removable uPVC stub flanges into which the pipes may be fitted using suitable adhesive, as the flanges can be released easily from the heater no unions are required, nor is any form of heat sink needed.
Flow direction is from left to right, but may be reversed quite simply on site by following the installation instructions given with the product.
- The contact materials are highly resistant to corrosion from pool chemicals.
- It Can safely be used with sea water pools as well as in demanding applications such as Hydro- and Thalasso- therapy.
- The watts density of the heating elements is very low, ensuring minimal scale build-up and long element life.
- The heating elements are always submerged in water. Any air bubbles entering the heater pass through it above the water and across the unheated parts of the elements, preventing any damage to the latter.
- The patented weir and baffle system inside the heater causes the water to flow through it in a spiral. This increases uniformity of the water temperature inside the heater and prevents direct impingement of cold water onto the elements.
- The construction of the heater is solid and robust, to ensure years of safe and reliable service.
Protection level: IP 21.
Fuses: 1 x 2 Amp (+1 spare).
Pump interlock voltage: 230 V AC.
Element heat flux: 11.5 W/cm² max.
Packed dimensions: 425 x 450 x 190mm.
Packed weight: 26 kg.